Thursday, January 27, 2011

Aimless Wandering

You can always tell when I'm at a loss for words.  Apparently it is so again today.  I am wandering aimlessly through the endless desert of my mind, searching for ideas, and coming up empty.  It's not pretty.

We had a bad storm last night.  I was awakened from a deep sleep by explosive thunder in Dolby surround sound.  The house shook in an effort to rid itself of the noisy intrusion.   Was it an earthquake or had terrorists unleashed an attack on our unsuspecting island?  For a minute I didn't know whether to hide under the bed or brace myself in the nearest doorway.  In the end I went back to sleep.  Sleep is good.

Today is a perfect day for outdoor portraits.  Gray and gloomy to some, a giant softbox to those of us following the light.  It is unfortunate I have no posers.

Monday I purchased $84 worth of groceries for $44.  I was quite pleased with myself.  Careful planning, buy one get one free and a couple of substantial coupons were all responsible for the coup.  See me pat myself on the back.

wHenna_close

This aimless desert wandering is potentially dangerous.  If not careful one could get sand up their nose.

Link to Project 365

No comments: