Friday, January 14, 2011

Backwards Thinking

wbook

One of my intentions for the new year is to read more; to hold a novel in my hands and turn the pages.  I have stated previously that I spend an excessive amount of time here, on the internet.  It  may be an effort to string a few words together in a coherent fashion, or researching a particular subject.  But more than likely I am surfing the net bouncing from one photography site to another with no particular place to go...and getting immense pleasure from the journey.

I'm off to a good start with the reading thing.  I purchased The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo a couple of weeks ago and finally cracked it open the other evening.  It is showing promise.  I know I have stated in the past (like yesterday)  that I do not care for suspenseful, violent movies but I don't mind a book staged in a similar tone.  Most likely because I can block off parts of my brain to deal with the violence; imagine the story in a way that is acceptable to me.  It may also have something to do with the fact that I usually read the end of the book first.  That way, there aren't too many surprises.

I know, I know, it's bizarre.  It's crazy.  It makes no sense.  My family agrees with you.  But it's the way I roll.  My philosophy is why waste all of that time reading the middle if the ending isn't any good?

And that's the truth.  According to me.

Click here for Project 365

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I've heard that this is a very good book... And - did I miss before today that the theme is indicated below each 365 picture? If so, I am losing it more than I already know! I love knowing the theme and seeing how you interpret it. Very fun.

Life in Color said...

LOL Audrey, you are not losing it. The Kid was complaining about my random photos and requested inclusion of the theme. I just changed it this morning. Of course he's still not happy, he wants the font size increased as he says he can't read it.