Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Accident

After 10 days of Project 365 I have learned one thing.  It ain't easy.  My admiration for those who have successfully completed a picture a day project has soared into the stratosphere.  It takes a tremendous amount of discipline to produce a credible photograph each and every day.  Only time will tell if I have the fortitude to see it through to the end.

Initially I wasn't certain how much I would depend on the Daily Shoot assignments.  I thought I would use them as filler but I find the tasks, which are revealed early each morning, give me a focus for the day.  I imagine I will continue to lean on them and spend my creative genius on the interpretation.  But who knows I may even give you all a chance to pick my assignment for the day.  I'll have to think about that one.

One of the other things that has become painfully is obvious is the fact that I produce a lot of junk.  There's no easier way to put it.  Most of my images aren't as good as the ones sweet Allie is producing with her new big girl camera.  But every once in awhile I get a pleasant surprise.  In fact I had one of those yesterday afternoon.  The picture is over exposed and poorly executed and I love it.

wHibiscusDream

There was no Photoshop hocus pocus performed.  In fact the image as pictured above is for the most part SOOC (straight out o the camera).  I consider it a happy accident.  And if I were still involved with the gallery I would make a few adjustments, print it, frame it and slap a price tag on this puppy.

But since I'm not: I'll just share it with you.

Click here for Project 365

2 comments:

Audrey said...

It's very cool. Thank you for sharing.

Judy H. said...

This picture is exceptional. Mistakes often turn out that way.