Thursday, January 6, 2011

Project 365

I must be crazy.  No. There is no must about it, I am certain I'm crazy.  Today I am launching Project 365.  What exactly is Project 365 you ask?  It is another name for a photo a day assignment.  Essentially I am committing (and probably should be committed) to taking and posting one photograph every day for 365 days.

You might believe that I do this already.  I don't.   First of all I don't post every day.  I try, but sometimes it's just not possible.  Secondly not all of the photos I post here are new.  Many have been resurrected from the depths of my hard drives, reworked and presented for your viewing pleasure.  There is nothing wrong with this, but it does not qualify as a PAD.  Photographs presented on a true PAD have been taken the previous day.  You live with what you shoot on any given day; the good, the bad and the mediocre.

What's the point you ask?  The point is to challenge oneself as a photographer.  To stretch ones creativity by looking through the lens at the ordinary and making it extraordinary, every day for an entire year.  I like the idea of it.  I am scared to death of the commitment to it.  And I also wasn't sure what to do with it.  I really don't want two web sites to maintain.  I have enough trouble keeping up with this one.  But in the end that's what I have chosen.  (You will find the link on the right hand side of this page under projects.)

For assistance I am going to utilize the web site www.dailyshoot.com.  This site encourages PADs by offering daily assignments.  I don't plan on strictly adhering to these tasks.  But I will use them to stimulate creativity on the days when mine is missing in action.  Yesterday's assignment was  to make an interesting photo of something mundane and ordinary.  Trust me, it sounds easier than it is.

Nothing will change here.  I intend to keep on keeping on with this little project.  I would miss the writing too much to stop now.  The upside is that on those days I don't have anything profound to say I'll share my Project 365 rejects with you like.  Like this.

wnapkin

and this.

wfork

To view the inaugural entry of Project 365 click....drum roll please.............. here.


And have a good day.

3 comments:

Bethany Patton said...

Oh my.....so, what's better than one blog burden......2! Good luck. Happy shooting.

Audrey said...

Yeah - I'm looking forward to this. Go for it! - and the first shot is VERY COOL.

Unknown said...

Is that Ubatuba underneath that fork????