Friday, January 21, 2011

A Change of Scene

Are you still with me?  Are your eyeballs doing donuts in the back of your head as a result of all the recent talk of projects, pin holes (as opposed to pin heads), lens babies, catch lights and low light?  Or are you depressed because the icicles hanging off of your roof are considered lethal weapons, you don't have seat warmers in your car, and the snow blower kicked the bucket forcing you to do things the old fashioned way?  I think what you need is a change of scene, a vacation if you will; and you have come to the right place.

This morning I finally tired of staying in my pajamas and sipping coffee until noon.  I got up off the couch and went to the beach.    I thought you might like to share in my adventure, you know dispel those winter doldrums.  It's my gift, even if it's not your birthday. (I'm sorry, but I'm not going to venture out of the comfort and safety of Florida to shovel snow for you.  This little cyber vaca will just have to do.)

wRBeachBoardwalk

Let's follow this guy and see where he's headed.

It looks like the cold weather has gotten to those palms.  They aren't crazy about temperatures in the 30s and we've had a few of those morning this month.  (See, you're not the only one suffering.)

wseaoats_bokah

A quick stop a the dune line to check on the sea oats.  They're looking mighty fine to me.  Just get a load of that sweet, sweet bokah.  (Sorry, I forgot no photography jargon today.  Just the beach Mam, just the beach.)

wBeachRaker

No, he's not plowing the lower 40 to get the crops in on time.  He is the raker.  His job (God love him) is to drive that big old tractor up and down the beach every morning and fluff up the sand.  When your economy depends on happy tourists you fluff up the sand.  Tourists like fluffy sand.

wWadingGull

This little man is on the hunt for his breakfast.  I think he slept in and missed the buffet at Denny's so he's scouring the shallows for whatever it is that shore birds eat.

wsmallshells_downlow

Sand and sea shells, a beachcombers delight.  There is always an abundance of shells on our beach, especially after a storm.  But this time of year they get picked over pretty quickly.  If you want to get the good ones you have to arrive much earlier than I did this morning.

wbeachnorth

Do you see those people?  They are wearing shorts.  Do you remember what those are?

I was afraid of that.  You are in more trouble than imagined.

Link to Project 365

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thank you Aunt Sue, that is just what I needed this morning. Since it has snowed all night and is still snowing here. Love you

Audrey said...

Yes - it is wonderful to imagine being at the beach with warmth and sand - instead of looking at the sea of snow in my back yard. Thank you!