Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm Impressed

Recently I have become enamored with impressionist photography.  That comment should be your clue that this type of image will begin showing up here on a regular basis.  Starting today.

What appeals to me about this type of photography is that so much is left to the imagination. Impressionist photographers yearn to capture a feeling rather than an accurate representation of a scene giving the image a dreamy quality.  There are several methods used to achieve the surreal look, including multiple exposures, motion blurs, and filters lightly smeared with Vaseline.  I have a lot to learn and even more practicing to do before I begin to express myself in a more ethereal fashion.  But I think I'm going to have a lot of fun in the trying.

wPalmFrond_multiple

If this type of photography appeals to you I suggest you visit the web site of Eva Polak (http://www.evapolak.com), her work is stunning.

Link to Project 365

No comments: